I’m Crystal, a Christian Weight Coach rocking it out in a little-known city in the middle of Canada, eh. I’ve taught women from around the world how to ditch their weight struggles with faith, fun and sanity. And now?
I’M YOUR CHRISTIAN WEIGHT COACH.
BECAUSE you know God needs to get on your Weight Loss Squad and you’re ready to let Him into your struggle
BECAUSE you’re sick and tired of whittling your life away obsessed with food and crappy diets that apparently work for everyone else except you
BECAUSE you’re ready for a whole-life makeover so that you can drop the weight for good and laugh without fear of the future (or future weight gain)
AND ME? I USED TO BE FAT, STUCK & MISERABLE.
So Sister – I know exactly where you’re at.
I’ve been a scared-to-death new mom desperate for a divorce. I’ve been that woman who looked like she had it all together, all day long. And at night? You’d find me hiding, alone and ashamed in my dimly lit basement with an empty pint of Haagen Daaz in one hand and an empty family-sized bag of soft cheesies in the other.
I was embarrassed of my body, had only 2 outfits that fit and spent most of my time with my friends who never had to see me, AKA The Housewives of NYC.
In 2012, I paid $15,000 to countless coaches and therapists to fix my eating issues. They only got me so far.
You know what got me all the way to the end, rocking this life clothed in strength and dignity? Letting God have a say in my struggles. And now I’ve created for you what would have solved all my problems back then. I have all the God-centred tools you need to catapult you off your seat on your dramatic diet rollercoaster.
BEST PART: You can work with me without leaving your home. Or you can go the super, omega, intense over-the-top-luxe route and fly to Winnipeg to work with me in person. You get yourself here. I look after everything else for you. The choice is yours, Sister.
Click here to choose how you want to work with me.
I’ve worked with amazing, powerful women from all walks of life: entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, teachers and stay-at-home Mamas.
Check out what they have to say about my work here.
In no particular oder, here are 18 Fun Facts. Because fun is important. NOTE: You can have fun in your weight-loss journey.
- I began my career as a high school teacher. I hated every minute of it and called in “sick” as many days as I could.
- I sold a drug for erectile dysfunction when I quit teaching. I’m still haunted by saying, “works fast, lasts long so the couple can be ready.”
- I still struggle some days to accept I’m naturally a size M instead of a size XS.
- I’ve always been cool. I brought my Fisher Price ghetto blaster to school so I could blast Quiet Riot for my friends during recess.
- I’m a proud mom of 1, stepmom to 3, wife and ex-wife. I sit with my ex-husband at my son’s hockey games and my stepkids’ Mom at volleyball games. With God’s grace, pretty happy blended families are possible.
- I met my Forever Husband, Blair in Grade 9: he had a mullet, I had a perm. My sister set us up 25 years later and we knew after the first date that “we” were it.
- I grew up on a farm and I still don’t know what a combine is for.
- I belonged to a traveling improv troupe when I was 19. Acute appendicitis ended my illustrious acting career.
- I heart wiener dogs. Mine is Derek, he pees when he’s anxious.
- I obsess over music. When I find a song I love I listen to it on repeat, sometimes days on end.
- I’m easily distracted. I use all kinds of tips, tricks, alarms and post-it notes to maintain focus for more than 3.5 minutes at a time.
- I remember making food and exercise charts when I was 5.
- A dog bit half my lip off June 30, 2010. Enroute to Emergency, I believe I heard God tell me to snap out of myself, stop being such a narcissist and have a child. Although I’m looking forward to God giving me my lip back in Heaven, I am forever grateful that I snapped out of it and a year later had my son, Thor.
- I once forced myself to run marathons thinking this would finally make me skinny. Didn’t work.
- I worked at the first Applebee’s in Canada in 1995 and thought I was super cool in my striped rugby shirt and khaki pants. I met my BFF, Carla, working there.
- I had an obsession with pant suits because I thought that’s what smart, successful, serious women wore. I do not currently own any pants suits.
- I’m obsessed with my job – it took me way too long to come out as a Christian Weight Coach…because….really? Who am I? I don’t have whole chapters of Scripture memorized. But I know this is my calling and my life’s work and that God equips me everyday to walk with women in victory over their weight struggles.
- That’s my prayer for you here – help you gain victory over your weight struggles, whatever they are.